Wednesday, 27 January 2010
Haiti Poker Fundraiser
Four of A Kind Poker(myself), in association with the Haven trust NGO and three other poker companies, namely Mayo Poker Tour, Shamrock Poker Tour and Shuffle up and deal Poker, are co-hosting a massive poker night fundraiser on Feb 5th in Yeats County Inn, Curry, Co.Sligo at 8pm. Details of the Tournament can be found above on the poster.
Haven is beginning to build sanitation facilities in some of the temporary camps which have sprung up around Port au Prince following the earthquake on Jan 12th 2010.
The Haven trust, which is the only Irish NGO operating solely in Haiti, has been part of the emergency response since the devastating quake hit two weeks ago.
At the end of April this year, Haven will send 250 volunteers out to Haiti to take part in a "built it week" when the volunteers will help rebuild the homes of those devastated by the earthquake.
Its this "build it week" that the funds from the Poker Night Fundraiser will go towards. 30% of the total prizepool on the night will be donated towards the Haven trust, leaving a generous 70% to be paid out in the poker tournament.
If your never played Texas Hold'em poker, then what better reason to start? If you do play poker, then what better reason to play?
Naturally we are running this event free of charge. We are expecting a minimum of 60-70 players turning up.
We also will have musical entertainment, food and spot prizes provided for on the night to make it as enjoyable as possible.
Your support on the night will go along way to helping Haiti get back on its feet!